Course rules & etiguette
The 9-hole course cannot be booked in advance; simply turn up on the day. A tee time is detmided by ball rack. The last tee time for the course can be found from the timetable.
- Gree fee must be paid before teeing off
- Max 4 players per group. During the busy times the game is played with the group of four. Note: no caddies allowed
- It is recommend that an one player has a Green card in a group
- Please follow the rules and regulations of the golf course
- Players must take account of the safety of others. The minimun age for the course is 6 years
Each player must have
- golf clubs (own or rented min. 3 clubs + putter)
- wood tees
- golf balls (Playing with a rangeball is forbidden)
Golf clubs can be rented from the caddiemaster. Pitchfork,wood tees and golf balls can be purchased from the caddiamaster. Rented clubs must be returned prior to the closure of the caddiemaster’s office. Adult green fees can be paid with MobilePay Application, the receipt of the payment must be found on players mobile app.
Rules of golf in brief
- Always use a wooden golf tee with opening shot
- Practise swings are made outside tee box area
- Always repair pitch mark on putting surfaces and fairways
- The area marked with stakes is out of bound area – no ball retrieval – drop a ball and paly ont he course
- A lost golf ball – Player is allowed to serch up to 3 minutes
- Keep moving quickly (max 9 strokes / fairway per player) – signal the faster group behind to play thorough
Consideration of others
- Use comfortable clothes and shoes while playing, however jeans are not suitable wear on the course and please keep the shirt on at all times
- The player who has the “honour” should be allowed to tee-off first and should do so without delay.
- Don’t play until the group in front of you is out of range.
- When completing a hole, move off the green immediately. Leave the marking of scorecards, etc. until you are clear.
- Please avoid the use of mobilephones on the course, consider others and switch ring tones off.
- Keep moving as quickly as you are able whilst walking between shots.
- No sharing of clubs, bags or trolleys because this slows play.
- Observe the speed of play and allow groups to play through.The recommended time to play the hole is 9 minutes / fairway. The player should complete the fairway by 9 strokes, if that is not possible, please pick up the ball and move to the next fairway.
- If you lose a ball and it is obvious that it will not be found easily and the course is not busy, signal the group behind to play through. The player is allowed three minutes under the “Rules of Golf” for ball searching, before doing so. (If you believe a ball may be lost immediately after you have hit it, play a provisional ball.)
- Out of bound area or private property that is marked with white stakes – No ball retriaval. Please drop a ball and play on the course
- Please give a priority to the Green Staff at all times
Take of the course
- Before leaving a bunker, make sure you smooth over all holes and footprints with the rake.
- Always replace divots on the fairways and repair pitch marks on putting surfaces.
- Don’t take your bag or trolley near the putting greens or between green and bunker and take care not to damage the hole when removing the flagstick.
- Don’t damage the teeing areas by taking practice swings on them.
- Observe areas regarding “Ground Under Repair” and keep to the designated paths, especially when pulling a trolley.
Priority on the course
- Keep pace with the group in front of you at all times. If you should fall behind by more than one clear hole, you must signal the group directly behind you to play through.
- 9 Hole course second rounds must be started from the first tee, queuing alternately with players waiting to tee off.
- Shout “Fore” if your golf ball is in danger of hitting someone.
- Make sure that no one is in a position to be struck by your club, ball or any other object like stones or twigs when making a stroke.
- Don’t stand in front or to the side of anyone taking a tee shot or stroke. Stay well behind.
- In order to keep children safe the minimun age for the course is 6 years. The children playing on the course is parents resbonsibility.
FOLLOW THE COURSE RULES, REMEMBER SAFETY AND ENJOY THE GAME!
If you have any questions regarding any of these points, please contact caddiemaster on 040 077 4377